Monday, December 30, 2013

Vintage Vessels & Winter Blooms!


I really miss my yard flowers this time of year but I can see 
no good reason to fore go having fresh greens and blossoms inside during winter. You don't have to have  your own greenhouse or access to an evergreen forest to brighten your tables and bring some cheer to all of the rooms in your home.
Without access to local, seasonal blooms the next best thing is to shop your local florist, online florist or supermarket for fresh flowers and winter greens. I picked up some individual bunches of berries, evergreen, holly branches and flowers at my nearby Trader Joe's before Christmas and made a fresh arrangement to place in one of my favorite vintage milk glass vases.  

It's still going strong minus the holly branches. 

 The website Collectors Weekly offers some history as well as images of antique and vintage milk glass.
What sorts of Vintage Vessels  do you have around the house and how do you put them to good use during the bare winter season?
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...